ANIMA CANNOT BE USED FOR SCRIPT REQUESTS OR ENQUIRIES - THIS IS PURELY FOR TRIAGE
- Repeat prescription requests will be available from your nominated pharmacy in 3 working days
- Acute prescription requests (medications not on repeat list) will be available from your nominated pharmacy in 5 working days
- All prescription requests received after 2pm Monday-Friday will be reviewed on the next working day
- If there are any issues with your prescription, we will contact you
We do NOT inform you when your script has been issued. You will need to contact your pharmacy
PLEASE NOTE FROM 1ST AUGUST 2023 WE WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS FROM PATIENTS VIA EMAIL. PLEASE USE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING METHODS TO ORDER YOUR PRESCRIPTION:
Methods of ordering prescriptions and accessing your medical records
Anima cannot be used to request medications
- Post prescription using Royal Mail
- Post prescription through the surgery letterbox(located at the Surgery main entrance)
- Register for SystmOnline – submit an email response with your full name, date of birth and your preferred email address. Following this you will receive log in details. Once details are received, click the link below
- Registering for the NHS app using the links below
- Airmid app - this can be used using your Systmonline login credentials
The best and quickest way to ask questions about your prescription is through the online services messaging function.
If you do need to call the surgery about your prescription, please do so after 11am.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Prescription requests can be made a week before your medication is due to run out. Some prescriptions may be post dated.
If you need to order your medication early for any reason, you will need to let us know why otherwise the request may not be processed. For example if you are going on holiday and will be away when you are due to renew your medication please let us know. We monitor all early requests to try to prevent wastage and over ordering of medication. Patients who repeatedly order early may be contacted by the surgery to find out why this is happening.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.